Wednesday, May 18, 2011


Some cool Knitting images:

My knitting model





Knitting


Image by t-dawg

Hat from SnB which I "accidentally" knit on circular needles, which was much easier than seaming the thing up, but which presented something of a problem when I got to the decreases (I hadn't yet figured out what double pointed needles were good for...)

Learn to Knit pg. 01

Knitting


Image by tofutti break

When I first tried to knit, I had a really hard time finding illustrations that I understood. I finally came across these. They're from an old oop booklet. Hope they help! Best viewed in original size.

Rickey Doublerly knitting a fishing net: Jacksonville, Florida

Knitting


Image by State Library and Archives of Florida

Local call number: fs91504

Title: [Rickey Doublerly knitting a fishing net : Jacksonville, Florida]

Personal Author: Hansen, Gregory, Collector.

Date: Photographed in June 1988.

Physical descrip: 1 slide : col.

Series Title: (Florida Folklife Collection.)

Repository: State Library and Archives of Florida, 500 S. Bronough St., Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250 USA. Contact: 850-245-6700. Archives@dos.state.fl.us

Persistent URL: http://ibistro.dos.state.fl.us/uhtbin/cgisirsi/x/x/0/5?library=PHOTO&item_type=PHOTOGRAPH&searchdata1=fs91504


Other posts like this, by keyword:

No comments:

Post a Comment